Details for Benchmark: JK0468
N 38° 31.750 W 105° 23.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- X 286
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
6 MI NW FROM PARKDALE. 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PARKDALE, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 3.15 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 210 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A WIRE GATE, 85 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A STEEL BRIDGE, 65 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 24 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH, 6 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 3X5 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER.
|10/06/1988 by CODH (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO STATE DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.