Details for Benchmark: JK0469
N 38° 31.300 W 105° 22.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- W 286
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
5.1 MI NW FROM PARKDALE. 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PARKDALE, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50, THENCE, 2.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 0.15 MILE WEST OF A PRIVATE ROAD LEADING NORTH, 150 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE HEADWALL OF A 4 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT, 50 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 42 FEET WEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 1 FOOT NORTH OF A FENCE, 3 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.7 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1976 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1976
PARKDALE 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST OF STATION AT, ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 2.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 600 FEET NORTH OF A HOUSE, 440 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A BOARD GATE, AND A Y ROAD LEADING WEST, 56 FEET SOUTHWEST OF AND 7 FEET HIGHER THAN THE C/L OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, A STANDARD TABLET STAMPED W-286 1951.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.