Details for Benchmark: JK0546
N 38° 30.717 W 105° 07.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Y 337
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
9.4 MI N FROM FLORENCE. 9.45 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 67 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT FLORENCE, 150 FEET WEST OF THE WEST END OF A CUT, 23 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ON THE SOUTH BANK OF EAST EIGHT MILE CREEK, LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 10X18 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.