Details for Benchmark: JK0624
N 38° 12.900 W 105° 32.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUSTER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- G 267
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
8.3 MI NW FROM WESTCLIFFE. 8.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 69, FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT WESTCLIFFE, CUSTER COUNTY, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF A ROAD LEADING WEST, 97.0 FEET NORTH OF A WOODEN BRIDGE OVER A WASH, 57.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE EDGE OF THE WASH, 86.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 32.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POLE, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A GRANITE OUTCROP PROJECTING 2.0 FEET ABOVE GROUND, AND ABOUT 2.5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 267 1941.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.