Details for Benchmark: JK0720
N 38° 59.050 W 105° 44.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- N 289
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.8 MI SE FROM HARTSEL. 3.85 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 24 AT HARTSEL, 0.6 MILE NORTHEAST OF A CATTLE GUARD, 225 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A JUNCTION WITH A TRACK ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST, 200 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF A SNOW FENCE, 110 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 2X2 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.