Details for Benchmark: JK0745
N 38° 44.817 W 105° 32.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- X 287
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3 MI NW FROM GUFFEY. 1.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT GUFFEY, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 150 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 102 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A GRAVELED ROAD LEADING TO BLACK MOUNTAIN, 1 FOOT SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, 12 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.