Details for Benchmark: JK0751
N 38° 42.650 W 105° 30.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- P 287
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.6 MI SE FROM GUFFEY. 1.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT GUFFEY, THENCE 2.15 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 295 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A POLE BRIDGE, 205 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 30 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 4X6 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER.
|01/01/1976 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1976
GUFFEY, 1.4 MILES SOUTH OF ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD, THENCE 2.15 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HWY. 9, 250 FT NORTHEAST OF A CULVERT, 200 FT NORTHEAST OF C/L HWY., 100 FT NORTH OF THREE PINES IN A ROW, 3 FT ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF A 4 X 6 GRANITE BOULDER. A STANDARD TABLET STAMPED P 289 1951.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.