Details for Benchmark: JK0792
N 38° 50.783 W 105° 59.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAFFEE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- T 177
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
7.2 MI S FROM ANTERO JUNCTION. 7.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG U. S. HIGHWAYS 24 AND 285 FROM THEIR JUNCTION AT ANTERO JUNCTION TO A JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD 53 LEADING TO BASSAM PARK, 1.6 MILES IN A NORTHEASTERLY DIRECTION ALONG COUNTY ROAD 53 TO ANOTHER ROAD FORK, THENCE 1750 FEET ALONG THE LEFT FORK WHICH PARALLELS U. S. HIGHWAYS 24 AND 285 AND CROSSED TROUT CREEK, 15 FEET NORTHEAST OF A LARGE GRANITE OUTCROP, 65 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A LONE PINE TREE, UNDER TELEPHONE LINE, 25 FEET SOUTHEAST OF ROAD AND SET IN TOP OF 3X6 GRANITE BOULDER. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED T 177 1934.
|01/01/1957 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1957
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.