Details for Benchmark: JK0945
N 38° 29.717 W 105° 18.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- A 431
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
11.3 KM (7.0 MI) WEST FROM CANON CITY. 11.3 KM (7.0 MI) WESTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 115 IN CANON CITY, IN A LARGE EXPOSED AREA OF BEDROCK IN A HIGHWAY CUT, 140.0 M (459.3 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE CUT, 95.0 M (311.7 FT) EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE CUT, 50.0 M (164.0 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTH END OF AN 18-INCH METAL PIPE CULVERT, AND 7.7 M (25.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.2 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.5 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.