Details for Benchmark: JY1230
N 39° 19.898 W 082° 59.104 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ROSS county, OH View Original Datasheet
- E 338
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
IN CHILLICOTHE. IN CHILLICOTHE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF WALNUT STREET AND WEST 4TH STREET, AT THE U.S. POST OFFICE, AT THE EAST SIDE OF A FLAG POLE, 12.22 METERS (40.1 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF WALNUT STREET, 7.92 METERS (26.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE POST OFFICE, 1.58 METERS (5.2 FT) EAST OF THE FLAG POLE. THE MARK IS 0.18 M ABOVE WALNUT STREET.
|08/08/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (AJL)
LOCATED AT CHILLICOTHE AT THE US POST OFFICE AT THE JUNCTION OF WALNUT STREET AND WEST 4TH STREET, SET IN THE FRONT LAWN JUST EAST OF THE FLAGPOLE. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 35 AND STATE ROUTE 159 AT THE NORTH SIDE OF CHILLICOTHE, GO SOUTH 1.8 KM (1.10 MI) ON BRIDGE STREET, TURN RIGHT AND GO 1.0 KM (0.60 MI) WEST ON WEST 4TH STREET TO WALNUT STREET AND THE POST OFFICE ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 32.0 M (105.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF WEST 4TH STREET, 12.2 M (40.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF WALNUT STREET, 7.9 M (25.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE POST OFFICE ENTRANCE DOOR, 5.1 M (16.7 FT) EAST OF THE EAST FACE OF THE POST OFFICE BUILDING, AND 1.6 M (5.2 FT) EAST OF THE FLAGPOLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.