Details for Benchmark: KK0292
N 39° 22.583 W 104° 49.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- H 337
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- unspecified rock
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1965
2.1 MI E FROM CASTLE ROCK. FROM THE COUNTY COURT HOUSE IN CASTLE ROCK 0.1 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAYS 85-87, THENCE EAST 2.1 MILES ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86, 0.2 MILES EAST OF A T-ROAD NORTH, 45 WEST OF A NORTH SOUTH FENCE, 64 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A GROVE OF SCRUB OAK. A STANDARD CAP SET IN THE TOP OF A LARGE GRANITE ROCK.
|02/14/1991 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1991
0.1 MI (0.16 KM) SOUTH ALONG U. S. HIGHWAYS 85 AND 87 FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AT CASTLE ROCK, THENCE 2.0 MI (3.22 KM) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 86, APPROX 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) EAST OF INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 86 AND MILLER BLVD., 70 FT (21.34 M) NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 86, 91 FT (27.74 M) SOUTHWEST OF POWER LINE POLE, 19 FT (5.79 M) SOUTH OF FENCE, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A GROVE OF SCRUB OAK TREES, 3 FT (0.91 M) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.