Details for Benchmark: KK0849
N 39° 24.300 W 105° 46.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
2.3 MI NE FROM JEFFERSON. 2.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 285 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT JEFFERSON, 175 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 120 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 29 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE ABANDONED COLORADO AND SOUTHERN RAILROAD GRADE, 3.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.