Details for Benchmark: KK0922
N 39° 27.800 W 105° 40.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PARK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- G 359
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
0.4 MI NW FROM GRANT. 0.35 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG A WINDING GRADED DIRT ROAD FROM THE PLATTE RIVER INN AT GRANT, 0.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A CABIN, 64 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A ROAD, 25.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 10 INCH SPRUCE TREE, ON THE NORTH BANK OF WEST GENEVA CREEK, 1.0 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, SET IN THE TOP OF A 5X6 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.