Details for Benchmark: KK1326
N 39° 15.700 W 104° 53.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DOUGLAS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- S 396
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
14.4 KM (8.95 MI) SOUTH FROM CASTLE ROCK. 14.4 KM (8.95 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 25 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD IN CASTLE ROCK, 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) NORTH OF MILEPOST 173, 30.8 METERS (101.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 18.8 METERS (61.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH BOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 14.6 METERS (47.9 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF THE SANTA FE RAILROAD, 6.7 METERS (22.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A RIGHT OF-WAY FENCE, AND 1.1 METERS (3.6 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE AND LINE CROSSING THE HIGHWAY. NOTE=ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS S FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.