Details for Benchmark: KL0008
N 39° 34.853 W 106° 25.273 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EAGLE county, CO View Original Datasheet
- S 280
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI SE FROM MINTURN. 1.1 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT MINTURN, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 301, 124 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVELED ROAD CROSSING, 118 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 47 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A GRAVELED ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST TO THE CITY DUMP, AND SET IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A 15X15 FOOT GRANITE BOULDER, 4 FEET ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- IT IS SET FLUSH WITH THE TOP OF THE BOULDER WHICH AVERAGES 8 FEET HIGHER THAN THE SLOPING GROUND AROUND. NOTE-- 2.0 MILES NORTH OF MINTURN TO 8.0 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOKOMO, COLORADO. ON LITHOGRAPH SHEET DATED 11 MARCH 1952.
|10/02/1998 by MSI (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MEASUREMENT SCIENCE INCORPORATED 1998 (PD)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED REVISED TO REACH AS FOLLOWS - TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US HIGHWAY 24 AND TOLEDO STREET IN DOWNTOWN MINTURN, PROCEED SOUTH 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO A ROAD ON THE LEFT SIDE WHICH IS UNNAMED AND LEADS TO CITY PARK, TURN LEFT AND PROCEED NORTH EAST ON THE UNNAMED ROAD 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT A BEND IN THE ROAD THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF A BRASS CAP SET FLUSH IN A BOULDER. THE STATION IS LOCATED 56.1 FT (17.1 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE UNNAMED ROAD, 6.6 FT (2.0 M) WEST OF A LARGE BOULDER, AND 4.9 FT (1.5 M) SOUTH EAST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST. THE STATION IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.