Details for Benchmark: KU2166
N 40° 46.774 W 073° 56.371 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- MILL ROCK SOUTHERLY LT
- Marker Type:
- navigation light
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NOS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1986 (RDC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF MILL ROCK ISLAND IN AN AREA OF THE EAST RIVER KNOWN AS HELLS GATE.
THE STATION CAN ONLY BE REACHED BY BOAT. EXTREME CARE SHOULD BE EXERCISED AS THE CURRENTS IN THIS AREA ARE VERY FAST.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE CENTER OF THE RED LIGHT ATOP THE STEEL TOWER WHICH SETS ON A SMALL HOUSE TYPE STRUCTURE. THE LIGHT IS LISTED AS NUMBER 25920 IN THE 1986 COAST GUARD LIGHT LIST.
DESCRIBED BY R DECROIX.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.