Details for Benchmark: KU3505
N 40° 35.315 W 073° 53.919 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- BENNETT FIELD BEACON
- Marker Type:
- airport beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (ELH)
LOCATED ABOUT 1.0 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE U. S. NAVAL RESERVATION ON FLOYD BENNETT FIELD, AND ABOUT 500 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD CONTROL TOWER. THE STATION IS A LARGE REVOLVING LIGHT SUPPORTED BY A 4-LEGGED STEEL TOWER, WHICH IS PAINTED RED AND WHITE. THE APPROXIMATE OVER-ALL HEIGHT IS 75 FEET.
THE REVOLVING GREEN AND WHITE LIGHT ON THE TOP WAS THE POINT OF INTERSECTION.
THE BEACON WAS FORMERLY MOUNTED ON THE ROOF OF A NEARBY BUILDING.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.