Details for Benchmark: KU3935
N 40° 50.489 W 073° 56.508 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW YORK county, NY View Original Datasheet
- NEW YORK PRESB HOSP STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1930 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1930 (CAE)
THIS IS THE TALL, SQUARE GRAYISH YELLOW BRICK SMOKESTACK OF THE PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL FACING ON MITCHELL SQUARE AT ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVENTH STREET AND BROADWAY, NEW YORK CITY. THE BUILDING IS A MASSIVE ONE OF RAMBLING SHAPE AND THE STACK RISES FROM THE NW CORNER OF THE MAIN BUILDING SOME 50 FEET ABOVE THE BUILDING ITSELF, NEAR THE SECTION DEVOTED TO THE COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SURGEONS COLLEGE. THIS BUILDING IS ALSO KNOWN AS THE VANDERBILT CLINIC AND BABIES HOSPITAL. NOT MARKED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.