Details for Benchmark: KV0434
N 40° 38.467 W 074° 07.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RICHMOND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- TIDAL 6 STA I 33
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1919 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT STATEN ISLAND. ON STATEN ISLAND, AT WEST BRIGHTON, ALONG THE STATEN ISLAND RAPID TRANSIT RAILROAD, SET IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH HEAD WALL OF AN 8-FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, 62 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF A DRIVE WAY ENTRANCE TO CALDWELL DRY DOCK AND REPAIR COMPANY, INC. 264 FEET EAST OF TIDAL 4(1919), 7 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL OF TRACK AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.