Details for Benchmark: KV0491
N 40° 53.633 W 074° 02.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 801 NJGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT HACKENSACK. AT HACKENSACK, AT THE INTERSECTION OF PASSAIC STREET AND VANDERBECK PLACE, SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES, 11 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF VANDERBECK PLACE, 10.6 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF PASSAIC STREET.
|01/01/1956 by CGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.