Details for Benchmark: KV0506
N 40° 50.567 W 074° 00.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- C 41
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
AT PALISADES PARK. AT PALISADES PARK, AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF GRAND AND E. COLUMBIA AVENUE, AT THE GRAND AVENUE OVERPASS OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 46, 4.8 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF BROAD AVENUE, 1.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF E. COLUMBIA AVENUE, 0.6 FOOT WEST OF THE WEST FACE OF A CONCRETE BASE SUPPORTING A SIGNAL LIGHT, SET IN TOP OF THE CONCRETE WALKWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.