Details for Benchmark: KV0507
N 40° 50.667 W 074° 00.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- D 41
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.6 MI W FROM PALISADES PARK. 0.6 MILE WEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 46, FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GRAND AVENUE AND EAST COLUMBIA AVENUE, SET IN TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF A LARGE CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER PECK CREEK, 9 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF BRIDGE, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF ABUTMENT.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.