Details for Benchmark: KV3442
N 40° 59.250 W 074° 18.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORRIS county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- G 102
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
IN RIVERDALE. IN RIVERDALE, 0.15 MILE NORTH ALONG STATE ROUTE ALT. 511 (NEWARK POMPTON TURNPIKE) FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 23 (AT THE TRAFIC CIRCLE) ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE FLAG POLE OF THE NEW JERSEY ARMY NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY, 86.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF ROUTE ALT. 511, 56.4 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE ARMORY, 41 FEET NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE 34040-R1, 4 FEET SOUTH OF THE FLAG POLE. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
|06/02/1994 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1994 (RJK)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.