Details for Benchmark: KV3977
N 40° 50.170 W 074° 00.646 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RIDGEFIELD LOWE PAPER CHIMNEY
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932 (RWW)
THE CHIMNEY E OF THE HACKENSACK RIVER, IN RIDGEFIELD ON THE N SIDE OF RIVER STREET BETWEEN THE NEW YORK, SUSQUEHANNA AND WESTERN RAILROAD TRACKS AND THE HACKENSACK RIVER, IN THE PLANT OF THE LOWE PAPER COMPANY, RISING FROM THE GROUND AT THE E SIDE OF THE POWER HOUSE. IT IS A RED BRICK CHIMNEY HAVING TWO DISTINCTIVE WHITE BANDS ENCIRCLING ITS TOP. A TANK IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 40 METERS NORTHWARD.
THE STATION IS THE CHIMNEY TOP, APPROXIMATELY 175 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.