Details for Benchmark: KV4000
N 40° 50.050 W 074° 00.759 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RIDGEFIELD REFORMED CH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- church spire
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932 (RWW)
THE SPIRE E OF THE HACKENSACK RIVER, IN RIDGEFIELD ON THE N SIDE OF CHURCH STREET BETWEEN EDGEWATER STREET AND HENDRICKS CAUSEWAY, ATOP THE RIDGEFIELD REFORMED CHURCH BUILDING, RISING CENTRALLY FROM THE SQUARE, BROWN-STONE TOWER AT THE FRONT OF THIS DUTCH-COLONIAL STYLE BROWN-STONE STRUCTURE. THIS CHURCH WAS ERECTED IN 1793. IT HAS AN OCTAGONAL GRAY SHINGLED SPIRE.
THE STATION IS THE BASE OF THE WEATHERVANE AT THE SPIRE-APEX, APPROXIMATELY 100 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.