Details for Benchmark: KV4106
N 40° 46.469 W 074° 01.763 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HUDSON county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- UNION CITY PUBLIC SCH 2 SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1932 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1932 (RWW)
THE SMALL SPIRE W OF THE HUDSON RIVER, IN UNION CITY ON THE S SIDE OF PALISADE AVENUE BETWEEN ANGELIQUE AND MAPLE STREETS, ATOP PUBLIC SCHOOL 2, RISING FROM THE CENTRAL PART OF THIS IRREGULARLY-SHAPED, WHITE-STONE-TRIMMED RED-BRICK BUILDING. IT IS A RED-ROOFED, OCTAGONAL SPIRE.
THE STATION IS THE BALL AT THE SPIRE-APEX, APPROXIMATELY 60 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
|1/1/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (SL)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.