Details for Benchmark: KV4142
N 40° 45.266 W 074° 10.707 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- NEWARK SACRED HEART CATH E TWR
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1931 (RWW)
THE EASTERLY OF PROMINENT TWIN TOWERS ON THE RIDGE APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE W OF THE PASSAIC RIVER, IN NEWARK JUST N OF 6TH AVENUE BETWEEN RIDGE STREET AND CLIFTON AVENUE, ON THE SACRED HEART CATHEDRAL, RISING FROM THE S SIDE OF THIS ORNATE, GRANITE BUILDING. IT IS AN ORNATE, SQUARE, GRANITE TOWER.
THE STATION IS THE TOWERS PINNACLE-APEX, APPROXIMATELY 200 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.