Details for Benchmark: KV4524
N 40° 34.638 W 074° 00.825 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1945 (RLP)
THIS STATION IS THE TALL CENTER PILE OF A DOLPHIN AT NORTON POINT, IN GRAVESEND BAY. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 80 METERS W OF THE ROCK BREAKWATER OF CONEY ISLAND, APPROXIMATELY 190 METERS NW OF CONEY ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE, IN ABOUT 8 FEET OF WATER. IT IS THE MORE S OF TWO DOLPHINS ABOUT 70 METERS APART.
THIS IS AN INTERSECTION STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.