Details for Benchmark: KV4693
N 40° 44.586 W 074° 10.126 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- NEWARK N J BELL TELE BLDG FLAG
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (RWW)
THE FLAGPOLE ON THE W SIDE OF THE PASSAIC RIVER, IN NEWARK ON THE E SIDE OF AND AT 540 BROAD STREET BETWEEN BRIDGE AND LOMBARD STREETS, ATOP THE NEW JERSEY BELL TELEPHONE BUILDING (A LARGE, 21-STORY, YELLOW BRICK OFFICE BUILDING). IT IS A WHITE FLAGPOLE APPROXIMATELY 50 FEET HIGH.
THE STATION IS THE BASE OF THE FLAGPOLE, APPROXIMATELY 275 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.