Details for Benchmark: KV6547
N 40° 39.695 W 074° 43.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SOMERSET county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- SC 131
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NJ-035 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SOMERSET COUNTY NEW JERSEY 1989
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN BEDMINSTER TOWNSHIP, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF LAMINGTON ROAD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF RATTLESNAKE BRIDGE ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 665 SPUR 523, AND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY I 78, EXIT 26, PROCEED 2.56 KM (1.59 MI) NORTH NORTHWEST ON RATTLESNAKE BRIDGE ROAD TO THE TEE JUNCTION WITH LAMINGTON ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 523, TURN LEFT AND PROCEED 0.40 KM (0.25 MI) WEST ON LAMINGTON ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. ALSO, TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE LAMINGTON ROAD BRIDGE OVER THE LAMINGTON RIVER, GO 0.32 KM (0.20 MI) EAST ON LAMINGTON ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. IT IS 3.4 M (11.15 FT) NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE EDGE OF PAVING, 7.2 M (23.62 FT) NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE LAMINGTON ROAD CENTERLINE, 41.0 M (134.51 FT) EAST OF POLE NJT 32, 23.4 M (76.77 FT) SOUTHEAST OF POLE NJ267 BDR, 35.4 M (116.14 FT) WEST NORTHWEST OF POLE NJT 33 AND 5.6 M (18.37 FT) SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF A 4 FOOT WIRE FENCE. THE STATION IS ABOUT 1.0 M (3.28 FT) ABOVE THE ROAD AND 0.05 M (0.16 FT) BELOW THE GROUND. DESCRIPTION BY NJGS RJK.
|02/12/1990 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.