Details for Benchmark: KY0047
N 40° 43.300 W 080° 18.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEAVER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- J 347
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
2 MI NW FROM ROCHESTER. ABOUT 1.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ROCHESTER, THENCE ABOUT 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG A SPUR TRACK, AT THE CROSSING OF A NARROW GRAVELED ROAD, 25 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 14 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER LINE POLE, IN TOP OF THE NORTH END OF A FLAT ROCK LEDGE ABOUT 50-FEET LONG AND 20-FEET WIDE, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. THE MARK COULD BE COVERED BY DIRT IN THE FUTURE. THIS MARK CAN ALSO BE REACHED BY GOING ABOUT 1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG FIFTH AVENUE FROM THE SOUTH END OF STATE HIGHWAY 18 BRIDGE OVER BEAVER RIVER AT NEW BRIGHTON, THENCE ABOUT 0.3 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A SPUR TRACK OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.