Details for Benchmark: KY0050
N 40° 43.550 W 080° 18.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEAVER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 199
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT NEW BRIGHTON. AT NEW BRIGHTON, ABOUT 1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG FIFTH AVENUE FROM THE SOUTH END OF STATE HIGHWAY 18 BRIDGE OVER BEAVER RIVER, AT THE JUNCTION OF 17TH STREET, 46 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER LINE OF 17TH STREET, 76 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF A SPUR TRACK OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, 2.4 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB LINE OF THE AVENUE, 22 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION REPORTED THIS MARK AS PROJECTING 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.