Details for Benchmark: KY0124
N 40° 44.933 W 080° 02.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.8 MI NW FROM CALLERY. ABOUT 0.85 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CALLERY, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE OF THE EAST ENTRANCE ABUTMENT OF ABANDONED OVERPASS OF TRANSIT RAILROAD OVER TRACKS, 48 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL OF EAST TRACK, 7 1/2 FEET NORTH OF SOUTH END OF ABUTMENT, 28 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 26/18, AND ABOUT 12 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.