Details for Benchmark: KY0229
N 40° 45.267 W 080° 07.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- M 251
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
3 MI S FROM ZELIENOPLE. ABOUT 3.05 MILE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HY. 19 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. 19 AND STATE HY. 68 IN THE SOUTH EDGE OF ZELIENOPLE, 21 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF DRIVE TO BALDINGERS (GROCERY AND TAVERN), 31 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HY. GOING SOUTH (U.S. HY. 19), 126 FEET NORTH OF POWER POLE NO. 2/126, 105 FEET SOUTH OF POWER POLE NO. 2/126, STANDARD BENCH MARK DISK DRILLED IN HORIZONTAL IN CULVERT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.