Details for Benchmark: KY1112
N 40° 59.267 W 080° 55.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MAHONING county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BER 23
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by OH-099 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
4.5 MI NE FROM NORTH BENTON. ABOUT 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG HELSEL ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT NORTH BENTON, THENCE 4.2 MILES EAST ALONG WESTERN RESERVE ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF THE CENTERLINE OF WESTERN RESERVE ROAD AND THE CENTERLINE OF COOK ROAD. A MAHONING COUNTY DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A PRECAST CONCRETE POST, WHICH IS SET IN A CAST IRON WELL AND COVERED WITH A CAST IRON COVER STAMPED WITH A LARGE M. THE MARK IS ABOUT 8 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.