Details for Benchmark: KY2883
N 40° 43.333 W 080° 18.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BEAVER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- G 199 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by PADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PA DEPT OF TRANSP 1978
1.5 MI SOUTH FROM NEW BRIGHTON. 1.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG FIFTH AVENUE FROM THE SOUTH END OF STATE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER THE BEAVER RIVER, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A SPUR TRACK OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, IN THE NORTHWEST WINGWALL OF A BRIDGE CARRYING TRAFFIC ROUTE 65 OVER BLOCKHOUSE RUN IN THE SOUTH PART OF NEW BRIGHTON, 181.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 65 AND NINETEENTH STREET AND 8.2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CURB OF STATE HIGHWAY 65.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.