Details for Benchmark: KY2928
N 40° 47.767 W 080° 06.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 947 67
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
3.4 KM (2.15 MI) EAST FROM ZELIENOPLE. 3.4 KM (2.15 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 68 AND 288 IN ZELIENOPLE, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.5 MI) NORTH ALONG A ROAD TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, IN THE SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE RAILROAD AND A CREEK. ALSO, 4.7 KM (2.95 MI) WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE BRIDGE OVER BREAKNECK CREEK IN EVANS CITY, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) NORTH ALONG A ROAD, 4.8 METERS (16.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.15 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.