Details for Benchmark: KY3025
N 40° 47.814 W 080° 07.644 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- HARMONY MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (JCC)
THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE HARMONY, MUNICIPAL WATER TANK, LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEAST SECTION OF THE CITY LIMITS OF HARMONY. IT IS A 4 TUBULAR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A DOUBLE ELLIPSOIDAL TANK ON TOP AND A CENTER RISER FROM THE CENTER OF THE TANK TO THE GROUND. THE CENTER RISER IS APPROXIMATELY 12 FEET IN DIAMETER. THE OVERALL HEIGHT OF THE STRUCTURE IS APPROXIMATELY 80 FEET AND IS PAINTED SILVER.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION HARMONY, DISTANCE BEING 21.87 FEET AND 6.666 METERS (CENTER OF RISER) SOUTHEAST OF STATION HARMONY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.