Details for Benchmark: KY3311
N 40° 59.737 W 081° 02.729 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- 61 026 1 P CO
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by OH-133 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PORTAGE COUNTY OHIO 1977 (GLW)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4-1/2 MILES NORTH OF SEBRING, 2 MILES SOUTH OF DEERFIELD, 2 MILES NORTHWEST OF NORTH BENTON, AND ON THE RIGHT-OF-WAY OF WAGNER ROAD, TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 58.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 224 AND STATE ROUTE 14 IN DEERFIELD, GO SOUTHEASTERLY ON ALTERNATE STATE ROUTE 14 FOR 2.25 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 62 SEBRING ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON SEBRING ROAD FOR 0.3 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 58, WAGNER ROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST ON WAGNER ROAD FOR 0.95 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
STATION MARK, STAMPED---61-026-1 1977---, IS A PORTAGE COUNTY BRASS DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE POST SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 72.0 FEET EAST OF AN 8-INCH EVERGREEN, 64.0 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 30-INCH PIN OAK IN A TREE ROW RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF WAGNER ROAD, 16.0 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF WAGNER ROAD, AND 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A FENCE ALONG THE NORTH OF WAGNER ROAD.
NO REFERENCE MARKS ESTABLISHED FOR THIS STATION. HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK WAS 1.5 METERS. STATION 61 024 1 P CO CAN BE USED AS AZIMUTH MARK.
DESCRIBED BY F.J. PINTER
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.