Details for Benchmark: LA0021
N 40° 55.167 W 084° 03.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUTNAM county, OH View Original Datasheet
- R 168
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT COLUMBUS GROVE. AT COLUMBUS GROVE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF SYCAMORE STREET AND NORTH BROADWAY, 73 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CURB LINE OF SYCAMORE STREET, 15 FEET NORTHWEST OF NORTHWEST CURB LINE OF NORTH BROADWAY, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF WATER TABLE OF YELLOW BRICK CITY BUILDING, 1 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF EAST CORNER OF BUILDING AND 2.4 FEET ABOVE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.