Details for Benchmark: LA0026
N 40° 52.083 W 084° 04.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEN county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 168
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.6 MI S FROM COLUMBUS GROVE. ABOUT 3.65 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COLUMBUS GROVE, AT THE CROSSING OF MILLER ROAD, ABOUT 30 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO. 139/12, 62 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL OF THE B. AND O. RR, 32 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF MILLER ROAD, 10 FEET WEST OF WEST RAIL OF DETROIT, TOLEDO AND IRONTON RAILROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE THIRD STEP DOWN OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE WING WALL OF D.T.I. RR BRIDGE NO. 123.49 OVER SYCAMORE CREEK (BRIDGE DATED 1940), ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF D.T.I, RR AND ABOUT 4 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF B. AND O. RR.
|07/08/1993 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1993
14.8 KM (9.20 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG THE CHESSIE SYSTEM RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 117 IN LIMA, IN TOP OF AND 0.1 M (0.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SECOND TIER OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE WINGWALL OF AN ABANDONED RAILROAD BRIDGE SPANNING SYCAMORE CREEK, 18.4 M (60.4 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 10.6 M (34.8 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF MILLERS ROAD, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.