Details for Benchmark: LC0909
N 40° 44.300 W 089° 00.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WOODFORD county, IL View Original Datasheet
- H 43
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT EL PASO. AT EL PASO, ABOUT 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG THE TOLEDO, PEORIA AND WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT EL PASO, ABOUT 55 YARDS EAST OF MILE POST 78, IN SECTION 5, R 2 E, T 26 N, 47 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL, 18 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH CURB OF FRONT STREET, 25 1/2 FEET WEST OF WEST CURB OF GRANT STREET (DOES NOT CROSS TRACK), 4 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE, ABOUT 3 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
|10/23/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.