Details for Benchmark: LK0134
N 40° 54.900 W 102° 35.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEDGWICK county, CO View Original Datasheet
- B 16
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
4 MI SW FROM SEDGWICK. ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM SEDGWICK, AT MILEAGE 18-1/2, AT THE CROSSING OF A NORTH-AND-SOUTH ROAD, 49.2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, 37.4 FEET WEST OF THE ROAD, AND 3.8 FEET WEST OF A POINT 2 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 3616.161 B 16 1926 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1941 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT ADD--0.08 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTH ALONG MAIN AVENUE FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SEDGWICK, THENCE 6.5 KM (4.0 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG US HIGHWAY 138, AT ROAD 7 AND 0.3 METER (1 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.