Details for Benchmark: LK0141
N 40° 50.083 W 102° 52.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- H 16
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1926 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
3.6 MI SW FROM CROOK. 3.6 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM CROOK, 50 FEET SOUTH OF BRIDGE 33.84 AT AN OLD HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER AN IRRIGATION CANAL, AND IN THE TOP OF THE BASE OF THE NORTH RAILING. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 3743.792 H 16 1926.
|01/01/1970 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION. THE 1941 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT RETAINING WALL IS CRACKED AND IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.