Details for Benchmark: LK0192
N 40° 44.083 W 103° 10.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- L 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
8 MI N FROM STERLING. 8.0 MILES NORTH OF STERLING BY RAIL L-26 IS LOCATED IN THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF C.B. AND Q. RAILROAD BRIDGE 107.06, A 5 SPAN DECK GIRDER BRIDGE 2 POLES SOUTH OF MILEPOST 107, AND APPROX 50 FEET WEST OF A COUNTY ROAD ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE TRACKS. TABLET IS STAMPED L-26, 1933. BRIDGE IS APPROX. 1600 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH BOUNDARY OF SEC 21, T.9.N, R.52.W.
|01/01/1951 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1951
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 5.6 KM (3.5 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 138 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT STERLING, THENCE 7.7 KM (4.8 MI) NORTH ALONG ROAD 43.5, IN TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT OF THE BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD BRIDGE 107.06. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
|03/10/1998 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1998 (KCH)
THE MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND A WITNESS POST WAS ADDED AT THIS TIME. IT IS 2 FT (0.6 M) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.