Details for Benchmark: LK0634
N 40° 30.603 W 103° 05.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1948
STATION IS LOCATED 11.0 MI. (AIRLINE) SE. OF STERLING, COLORADO, IN SE. 1/4 SEC. 5, T 6 N, R 51 W, ON HIGHEST ONE OF SEVERAL SMALL TOPS IN AREA.
TO REACH STATION FROM POST OFFICE IN STERLING, GO 1 BLOCK N. OF POST OFFICE TO U.S. HIGHWAY 6, TURN RIGHT (E.) AND FOLLOW HIGHWAY 6 FOR 3.15 MI. TO JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 154 FOR 5.0 MI. TO RD. FORK, TURN OFF HIGHWAY RIGHT (S.), PROCEED ALONG WELL TRAVELED RD. FOR 6.1 MI. TO CROSSROAD AND EAGLE POINT SCHOOLHOUSE, TURN RIGHT (W.) GO 0.2 MI. TO POINT WHERE RD. MAKES A SHARP TURN LEFT INTO HOLLOW. STATION IS ABOUT 300 YDS. W. FROM THIS POINT.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---RABBIT 1948---, CEMENTED IN CONCRETE POST, PROTRUDING 18 IN. ABOVE GROUND.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---RABBIT 1948 NO. 1---, CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK OUTCROP, 55.33 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 44 DEG 47 MIN E.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--STANDARD TABLET, STAMPED ---RABBIT 1948 NO. 2---, SET IN CONCRETE POST, PROTRUDING 4 IN. ABOVE GROUND, 225.67 FT. FROM STATION MARK, S 78 DEG 58 MIN W.
|06/28/1995 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1995 (KCH)
OWNERSHIP-- MR. KEN FISCUS (970) 522-6167. ADDED A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST 8.4 FT (2.6 M) NORTH OF THE MARK IN A FENCE LINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.