Details for Benchmark: LY0772
N 41° 04.479 W 074° 50.439 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUSSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- J 30
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Harry Dolphin couldn't find LY0772
DNF. I located the witness post, just north of the fence separating the property to the northeast. But it's located right next to a parked car, and I didn't see any to ask permission from.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.1 MI SW FROM SWARTSWOOD. 1.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SWARTSWOOD, AT THE CLUB CASINO, 18.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER, 33 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 17 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF A ROCK WALL, 2.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, AND 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A STANDARD REFERENCE POST. A STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1984 by NJGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
CASINO PORTION OF SMARTWOOD YACHT CLUB TORN DOWN. BUILDING NOW CALLED SAIL INN'' .ADDITIONAL TIES: 189.5 FEET NORTHEAST-NORTH CORNER SAIL INN (FRONT LEFT CORNER OF YACHT CLUB), 71.6 FEET SOUTHWEST-NORTH CORNER 1- STORY FRAME HOUSE TO NORTH-EASAT OF YACHT CLUB, 53.3 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST FRONT RIGHT (W) CORNER SAME HOUSE (HOUSE AND YACHT CLUB ARE ORIENTED NORTHEAST-SOUTHWEST ALONG NORTHEAST-SOUTHWEST ROAD), 3'' SOUTHWEST LEDGE, 0.8 FEET SOUTHWEST WITNESS POST, 14.6 FEET NORTHWEST CORNER CONCRETE WELL COVER, 33.7 FEET SOUTHEAST CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 17.4 FEET SOUTHEAST STONE WALL, 64.7 FEET EAST POLE 42.
|08/21/1987 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.