Details for Benchmark: LY2234
N 41° 00.033 W 074° 19.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MORRIS county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- J 102
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
0.75 MI SE FROM BLOOMINGDALE. 0.7 MILE EAST-SOUTHEAST ALONG HAMBURG TURNPIKE FROM THE POST OFFICE IN BLOOMINGDALE, THENCE 0.05 MILE SOUTH ALONG MATHEWS AVENUE TO THE NEW YORK SUSQUEHANNA WESTERN RAILROAD CROSSING AND THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, IN BEDROCK, 300 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE RAILROAD CROSSING THE AVENUE, 29 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A SPUR TRACK, 8 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL OF THE SPUR TRACK. THE MARK IS 1 FT W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 3 FT ABOVE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.