Details for Benchmark: LY2294
N 41° 25.917 W 074° 47.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SULLIVAN county, NY View Original Datasheet
- 19 HBC
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1964 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
2.9 KM (1.8 MI) ENE FROM POND EDDY. 2.9 KM (1.8 MI) EAST-NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 97 FROM THE NORTHWEST END OF THE STATE LINE BRIDGE OVER THE DELAWARE RIVER IN POND EDDY, TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, IN TOP AND IN THE CENTER OF THE WEST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 9.53 METERS (31.3 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 4.75 METERS (15.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST AND VERTICAL RAILROAD RAIL PROJECTING 1.06 METERS (3.5 FT), 3.92 METERS (12.9 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NUMBER 103, 1.83 METERS (6.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE CONCRETE HEADWALL OF THE CULVERT. THE MARK IS 4.57 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.61 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
|04/08/1993 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1993
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.