Details for Benchmark: MB1151
N 41° 09.567 W 081° 14.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
AT RAVENNA. AT RAVENNA, PORTAGE COUNTY, IN THE WEST FACE OF THE NEW POST OFFICE, 27 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINE OF CHESTNUT STREET WITH THE CINDER ALLEY ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE POST OFFICE, 9 YARDS EAST OF THE WEST SIDEWALK, 7.2 YARDS NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE FRONT STEPS, AND 3.6 YARDS SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE POST OFFICE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED RAVENNA 1934 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.